Apps section (App catalog, install & updates)

1. 174 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

added to roadmap  ·  54 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support universal macOS installer that works on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs

I would like to share my frustration with recent changes in the Adobe Admin Console for generating packages. Adobe added the option to generate installers for specific platforms:
    macOS (Intel)
    macOS (Apple Silicon)
    Windows (64-bit)
    Windows (32-bit)
    Windows (ARM)

This change has resulted in more work as an IT administrator deploy Adobe apps. Prior to this change, the installers generated from the Adobe admin console were not compatible at all with macOS on Apple Silicon. We had to use the steps in this article to create a package for Macs on Apple Silicon: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/deploy-packages-to-arm-devices.html

The resulting package from those steps…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not efficient IN ANY WAY, worst installation structure I have ever seen.

The creative cloud desktop application is A MESS. It has around 5 processes running without even a running desktop application. This is not acceptable. My MacBook is going hot the moment I open the application. (without opening any adobe program - and it used to handle all that stuff pretty well). This is totally inefficient and uses system resources unnecessarily.

What did your developers think when they laid out the installation structure?
    Create a folder in /programs with aliases to the folder in /programs/utilities which then leads to even MORE aliases which then link to another folder in /programs/utilities where…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the app icon colors back

The updates within the Adobe applications themselves as of 6/16/2020 are fine, but the icons are a mess! These are staple icons and now all of the core apps people actually use are the same color. Give me back my rainbow! Now Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, After Effects, Audition... they're all blue or purple! I want back the deep purple of Premiere Pro. The green of Dreamweaver. They don't have to be identical to what they were and getting rid of the boarders is fine but now they're way too similar. Everyone loves the Adobe Rainbow.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Remove old versions" should be OFF on default

In current default of “Remove old versions” is ON at Enable auto-update, and Update all dialog. They should be OFF on default to avoid accidental uninstall. Users really need to keep old versions till finish each projects. If you lost it during your project, it is really serious problem.

(in Japanese)
    現在の仕様では「自動更新を有効にする」や「すべてをアップデート」で表示されるダイアログで、「以前のバージョンを削除」がデフォルトでONに設定されています。ここはデフォルトでOFFにするべきです。ユーザーは、あるプロジェクトが終わるまで、旧バージョンをキープしておく必要があり、意図せず必要な旧バージョンがアンインストールされてしまう事故が起きると、非常に深刻な問題を引き起こします。

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Absolutely **** and slow installation process.

It has taken me 4 restarts to install, having to turn off every virus protection option and even then Illustrator is still only 38% installed after 4 hours. THIS IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It will take a year to install all the apps I need at this rate.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove Creative Cloud App adverts for products we subscribe to

Please can you make your adverts a bit smarter? Or remove them altogether perhaps? As a paying subscriber it is annoying that so much screen real estate in the Creative Cloud app is used for an advert. I'd prefer/expect none. But to have one for Adobe Stock, for instance, which I already pay for - that is just plain irritating.

I also much preferred the old more-compact version of the CC app.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. right-click on tray icon to exit should be possible, as before.

Also without being asked if one really wants to exit.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back the smaller formfactor please.

The new form factor is unpleasantly large on a small 13" screen, it simply takes up too much screen real estate for individuals that are multi tasking and wish to monitor progress while working on something else. Minimizing it won't allow you to monitor update progress, and you can only shrink the window size so far (its very limiting).

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop forcing the cloud on the users.

The whole focus of the new generation of APPs seems to be on interacting with the cloud. I (and I gather many others) have no interest in using the cloud. It seems a major part of the CC program employs a subprogram (Node.js: Server-side...) to communicate with the cloud servers. For those of us that are NOT USING THE CLOUD (and perhaps have a relatively slow internet connection), this app hogs a majority of the bandwidth available for other things. The current approach is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. How about making the CC program allow us to opt out of all of…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eliminate the required login to Creative Cloud to open applications and save work

I would like to know what GENIUS decided that you MUST log into creative cloud EVERY SINGLE TIME you open an app. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Oh, and if you're not on a network or don't have internet access (like on a plane), it crashes so you can't open the app after all. Or... my new fave... you're in an app and you try to save your work but it requires a log in (even when saving locally) but you can't b/c you have to log in but don't have connectivity so it crashes and you lose all your work.

Seriously,…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ugly Icons

Stupid and ugly logos and are challenging to differentiate between ( Premiere, Media Encoder and After Effects ) and ( Photoshop and Lightroom),.
    Plus, I don't want to see a rainbow Icon, you can't force this on all users!
    It should be optional to have rainbow logo or not.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CC Desktop periodically logged-out

Creative Cloud Desktop client application periodically logged-out automatically, I need re-login twice a day. anyone else??

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't make me log in to uninstall

Re-provisioning a machine. The previous user had Adobe CC, new user does not require. Now have to sign in with old (already removed) CC account just to be able to un-install the Adobe software.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. this app is abusive, intrusive, persistent, insistent, hard to uninstall, hard to stop intruding, it has a mind of its own. not happy

this app is abusive, intrusive, persistent, insistent, hard to uninstall, hard to stop intruding, it has a mind of its own. not happy

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow me to uninstall without having to update and sign into Creative Cloud.

Complete ******** that I would have to sign in to be able to uninstall. I already was tired of dealing with your new subscription plans and now you want to hold my pc ****. What the literal *.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. less times I have to run repair on it

I am being asked to repair Creative Cloud Desktop a lot on both my machines,. Why is this happening.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let you uninstall everything without having to update the app to then uninstall.

Absolutely terrible design. I have photoshop but cannot uninstall it under my computers system program management. Instead I have to log in to this terrible site, then sit through an update. Then I can select Uninstall. WOW so complicated for some stupidly simple process. Way to go with creating such a terrible design. 1/10 will not use your product again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Apps section (App catalog, install & updates)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base