Apps section (App catalog, install & updates)

1. Compact mode - Minimal view to launch apps and recent files

If you use the Creative Cloud desktop app to launch your applications such as Photoshop or Illustrator, you would like a way to quickly access these shortcuts without launching the full experience with the app catalog, CC library manager, update manager, etc... Let's discuss this feature in this thread.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

added to roadmap  ·  64 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. list of changes + version history with release date

Now it's not obvious when an app was updated, what new features it has and how they work (even no link to "what's new" page).

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. download size

The Creative Cloud App doesn't display any download size for software updates.

Download size is critical for someone like me who sometimes relies on their cellphone's Internet Data Plan, which have a fixed maximum amount of data per month.

Every serious software application manager program out there shows the size of their updates, at least during download. The fact that we even need to ask for such a basic feature is astonishing...

Please address this ASAP.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Startup of Creative CLoud

After the last update of CC it now takes an extremely long time to start or it does not start at all and tells me to retry or re-boot.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop saturating internet connection

This app is like a virus. It hogs all the bandwidth for the entire company and there is no way to limit it. If we try throttling it at the network level it just starts opening more and more sockets. If we select the slowest bandwidth setting (25%) it still takes 100% of the available bandwidth because it doesn't have any way to know how much bandwidth is actually available. Please limit the number of connections it will open and let us set hard speed caps for download/upload for updating the applications.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The new "Creative Cloud Desktop 5.x" does not load any updates. The old App loaded everything without problems.

The new "Creative Cloud Desktop 5.x" does not load any updates. respectively. The updates are very slow and badly installed. After a restart, I get it out that the app can install an update. Otherwise, the updates start to download and stay exactly at 37%.
    The old App loaded everything without problems. Only after the update of the desktop app there are problems

In the Support/Error - Description is that I should look for the error with me. But if before everything worked without problems and mistakes, but with the new version the updates stop at exactly 37%. Why is…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let me close the Adobe Stock banner that's locked at the top of the new All Apps view

Please let us close the banner ad/search tool for Adobe Stock in the new Creative Cloud Desktop experience.

I think it's fine to show it by default, but it's also important to let people choose whether or not they want to see it all the time.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Separate App and Configuration packages. Provide PKG and MSI Installers for ALL Adobe CC applications!

What I truly desire is for Adobe to provide strictly independent installers for EACH application in BOTH formats for BOTH major operating systems, ex. Photoshop 2021 gets BOTH an official MSI for Windows and ALSO get an official PKG for macOS. I also want these to be pre-zippped, with checksums published (sha256) and fully available PUBLICLY from a CDN endpoint, i.e. https://downloads.adobe.com/bin/win/photoshop2021.4.19.win.zip

I want to be able to use the existing Admin Console workflow to simply generate a configuration/activation only package allowing me to specify options (Named-User or Shared Device) for deployment such as "Allow Non-Admins to install/update apps", or…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Install applications via command line

Enterprise admins would benefit from a method to trigger application installation from the command line. Ideally this would include the ability to install a particular version.

Example: ccda -install PHSP 21.0.0

Options for removing previous versions would be beneficial as well.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Split the "Creative Cloud Desktop" app into "app manager" and "content manager"

Considering how much of an uproar the newly expanded "Creative Cloud Desktop" app UI has caused, I have a suggestion that I believe would satisfy both those who do like it and those who don't.

Disclaimer: this are simply my opinion, I'm not presuming to know what every thinks, likes or wants.. But from my interpretation of the complaints I've read so far, mixed in with my own preferences, I believe this will be a good plan.

In a nutshell, my suggestion is to keep "Creative Cloud Desktop" as a standalone application, much like it currently is, but to move…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the app language

Right now it's only possible to change the language of the installed apps, such as Illustrator, but not the Creative Cloud app itself.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability for Enterprise Admins to hide certains products from App catalog

As a deployment admin, i would like to give the ability to 80% of my users to deploy creative cloud in a self-service manner for all products, except for certain products (Premiere Pro, AfterFX, ...) because they cannot be updated because of extensions dependencies.

As a result, we could create and deploy an unique package containing "creative cloud + premiere + afterfx" and hide premiere+afterfx from catalog.

today, it is not supported to deploy creative cloud in self service, and a packaged application on the same computer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

work in progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bandwidth throttling

Really, we need the ability to throttle the amount of bandwidth this software uses. All updates and downloads consume the entire pipe. Why?????

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. apps and file update bandwidth cap improvements

File sharing has a data cap. Can app updates have that too?
    Furthermore can we have the option to enter in our own data speeds, instead of using percentages of 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% because it isn't very precise.
    Is this percentage of the available bandwidth of my RJ45 jack or my Wi-Fi module? I have no idea. Giving an exact data transphere speed cap would be great.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would like to be able to delete creative cloud apps without having to log in

Its rediculous that i have to log in to adobe in order to delete it. I now even cant delete adobe creative cloud apps as the creative cloud tries to update and then fails without reason. Why cant i just delete it????????

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Good day, with previous versions of the apps, you could've worked without any internet. Now with all the new apps you need internet to conne

Good day, with previous versions of the apps, you could've worked without any internet. Now with all the new apps you need internet to connect - how do you expect one to do work like this? Everything is put to hold sometimes for hours - especially during SOUTH AFRICA'S loadshedding!!! This is frustrating as one is not able to continue with work. Please have it changed!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adobe needs a local "file verification system" for updates

Adobe Products are HUGE! Rather than re-download each product, could Creative Cloud dashboard be adapted to download and install smaller packages with the updated files? It could quickly scan the local apps to verify program integrity before installing, with an option to repair any missing or corrupted files rather than re-downloading the entire software package.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dark Mode Support for Creative Cloud

I'm not sure how a design software company like Adobe is last to the finish line when it comes to Dark Mode support for Creative Cloud, but here we are in 2020.

Please fix this so I can edit in the darkness of night without losing my eyesight forever.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Updating to display file size progress

I would like to be able to see file size progress of updates as well as the percentage when my apps are updating.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show the lastest version of Applications, along with the version you have...

When hovering over a particular application, you can see the version (such as 13.1.5) but there is no info as to whether this is the latest version, was released last week, or was released last year.

You should also allow people to post any bugs or issues related to the latest versions, so others could be saved some heartburn if there is a significant issue. I have been burned several times by buggy releases.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Apps section (App catalog, install & updates)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base