Fix Startup of Creative CLoud
After the last update of CC it now takes an extremely long time to start or it does not start at all and tells me to retry or re-boot.
Does Adobe look at this Feedback? I assume not as nothing gets done about it. Come on Adobe, you've got our money (lots of it) give us the service we're paying for.
I would assume that if you check the ACC.log left behind on your system, you will see a scenario like this:
In all my failed startups, the ACC.log consistently show the same failure scenario.
The short story:
- GetUserProfileXml: No access token present. User not signed in.
ADCS goes into
- executeStateMachine(): state loop: Workflow: INIT, State: WAIT_FOR_SIGNIN
then waits with a 30 second timeout set.
- executeStateMachine(): waiting for SignInComplete
ACCC POSTs an ACCC_BROWSER_STATUS event of ACCC_BROWSER_LOAD_ERROR.
Then 30 seconds later the timeout expire, and CCD reports
- LoadTimeLogs: ADS seems to be hanged. No response upon pinging.. ADS/Vulcan issue...Killing ADS & Vulcan
- LoadTimeLogs : PingMissCount crosses pingMissThreshold. Launching ADS Service Executable
- PingMiss more than threshold. Looks like ADS is crashing continuously
- No point in launching ADS again. Showing corruption dialog
The "Corruption Dialog" mentioned right above in the log file refers the final "Repair" dialog.
I would assume that at some point in that scenario maybe there should have been a popup or screen with a Login, but no such thing ever happens. It fails to find credentials and fails to ask for any login.
So, ADS (Adobe Desktop Service) simply hangs around until its master (Creative Cloud) realizes that there is still no login completion, and then kills both ADS and the IPCBroker process. The Adobe Crash Reporter then runs, and presumably reports a crash to Adobe. I must have thousands of these reports up there by now. Apparently no one is following all these Desktop failures.
While these retries are going on, the Creative Cloud app is looping incessantly (eating away a full core/thread by itself), and the "Adobe CEF Helper" (I assume fronting the Chromium libcef.dll library) is spinning up in bursts repeatedly, then going to sleep again.
Judith Beiner commented
Help. They have an incorrect email for me and I don't know how to correct it. And yes it takes forevever to boot.