Apps section (App catalog, install & updates)

1. 154 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

added to roadmap  ·  41 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support universal macOS installer that works on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs

I would like to share my frustration with recent changes in the Adobe Admin Console for generating packages. Adobe added the option to generate installers for specific platforms:
    macOS (Intel)
    macOS (Apple Silicon)
    Windows (64-bit)
    Windows (32-bit)
    Windows (ARM)

This change has resulted in more work as an IT administrator deploy Adobe apps. Prior to this change, the installers generated from the Adobe admin console were not compatible at all with macOS on Apple Silicon. We had to use the steps in this article to create a package for Macs on Apple Silicon: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/deploy-packages-to-arm-devices.html

The resulting package from those steps…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compact mode - Minimal view to launch apps and recent files

If you use the Creative Cloud desktop app to launch your applications such as Photoshop or Illustrator, you would like a way to quickly access these shortcuts without launching the full experience with the app catalog, CC library manager, update manager, etc... Let's discuss this feature in this thread.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

added to roadmap  ·  64 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not efficient IN ANY WAY, worst installation structure I have ever seen.

The creative cloud desktop application is A MESS. It has around 5 processes running without even a running desktop application. This is not acceptable. My MacBook is going hot the moment I open the application. (without opening any adobe program - and it used to handle all that stuff pretty well). This is totally inefficient and uses system resources unnecessarily.

What did your developers think when they laid out the installation structure?
    Create a folder in /programs with aliases to the folder in /programs/utilities which then leads to even MORE aliases which then link to another folder in /programs/utilities where…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the app icon colors back

The updates within the Adobe applications themselves as of 6/16/2020 are fine, but the icons are a mess! These are staple icons and now all of the core apps people actually use are the same color. Give me back my rainbow! Now Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, After Effects, Audition... they're all blue or purple! I want back the deep purple of Premiere Pro. The green of Dreamweaver. They don't have to be identical to what they were and getting rid of the boarders is fine but now they're way too similar. Everyone loves the Adobe Rainbow.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. list of changes + version history with release date

Now it's not obvious when an app was updated, what new features it has and how they work (even no link to "what's new" page).

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Absolutely **** and slow installation process.

It has taken me 4 restarts to install, having to turn off every virus protection option and even then Illustrator is still only 38% installed after 4 hours. THIS IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It will take a year to install all the apps I need at this rate.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. What the **** are you doing Adobe?!?!?! AGAIN and AGAIN Creative Cloud desktop app (that manages the other apps) can not update !!!

What the *** are you doing Adobe?!?!?! AGAIN and AGAIN Creative Cloud desktop app (that manages the other apps) can not update itself, running into error 184 and ruins the usability of the computer!!!!!!! :(
    This is on Windows 10 x64 Pro ENG
    BTW Bridge's Ctrl+I (fileinfo) panel is completely unusable since few months, I have to write everithing in Notepad then copy-paste into fileinfo panel... :(

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove Creative Cloud App adverts for products we subscribe to

Please can you make your adverts a bit smarter? Or remove them altogether perhaps? As a paying subscriber it is annoying that so much screen real estate in the Creative Cloud app is used for an advert. I'd prefer/expect none. But to have one for Adobe Stock, for instance, which I already pay for - that is just plain irritating.

I also much preferred the old more-compact version of the CC app.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. right-click on tray icon to exit should be possible, as before.

Also without being asked if one really wants to exit.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the smaller formfactor please.

The new form factor is unpleasantly large on a small 13" screen, it simply takes up too much screen real estate for individuals that are multi tasking and wish to monitor progress while working on something else. Minimizing it won't allow you to monitor update progress, and you can only shrink the window size so far (its very limiting).

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix Startup of Creative CLoud

After the last update of CC it now takes an extremely long time to start or it does not start at all and tells me to retry or re-boot.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. download size

The Creative Cloud App doesn't display any download size for software updates.

Download size is critical for someone like me who sometimes relies on their cellphone's Internet Data Plan, which have a fixed maximum amount of data per month.

Every serious software application manager program out there shows the size of their updates, at least during download. The fact that we even need to ask for such a basic feature is astonishing...

Please address this ASAP.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The new "Creative Cloud Desktop 5.x" does not load any updates. The old App loaded everything without problems.

The new "Creative Cloud Desktop 5.x" does not load any updates. respectively. The updates are very slow and badly installed. After a restart, I get it out that the app can install an update. Otherwise, the updates start to download and stay exactly at 37%.
    The old App loaded everything without problems. Only after the update of the desktop app there are problems

In the Support/Error - Description is that I should look for the error with me. But if before everything worked without problems and mistakes, but with the new version the updates stop at exactly 37%. Why is…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pause downloads

Seriously, we should be able to pause downloads. My internet is not the best and it would be nice to pause downloads instead of canceling them.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let me close the Adobe Stock banner that's locked at the top of the new All Apps view

Please let us close the banner ad/search tool for Adobe Stock in the new Creative Cloud Desktop experience.

I think it's fine to show it by default, but it's also important to let people choose whether or not they want to see it all the time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop forcing the cloud on the users.

The whole focus of the new generation of APPs seems to be on interacting with the cloud. I (and I gather many others) have no interest in using the cloud. It seems a major part of the CC program employs a subprogram (Node.js: Server-side...) to communicate with the cloud servers. For those of us that are NOT USING THE CLOUD (and perhaps have a relatively slow internet connection), this app hogs a majority of the bandwidth available for other things. The current approach is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. How about making the CC program allow us to opt out of all of…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop saturating internet connection

This app is like a virus. It hogs all the bandwidth for the entire company and there is no way to limit it. If we try throttling it at the network level it just starts opening more and more sockets. If we select the slowest bandwidth setting (25%) it still takes 100% of the available bandwidth because it doesn't have any way to know how much bandwidth is actually available. Please limit the number of connections it will open and let us set hard speed caps for download/upload for updating the applications.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Split the "Creative Cloud Desktop" app into "app manager" and "content manager"

Considering how much of an uproar the newly expanded "Creative Cloud Desktop" app UI has caused, I have a suggestion that I believe would satisfy both those who do like it and those who don't.

Disclaimer: this are simply my opinion, I'm not presuming to know what every thinks, likes or wants.. But from my interpretation of the complaints I've read so far, mixed in with my own preferences, I believe this will be a good plan.

In a nutshell, my suggestion is to keep "Creative Cloud Desktop" as a standalone application, much like it currently is, but to move…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Apps section (App catalog, install & updates)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base